Building a strong, sustainable Cypress Hills and East New York, where youth and adults achieve educational and economic success, secure healthy and affordable housing and develop leadership skills to transform their lives and community.
A donation to CHLDC makes a real difference in the lives of Cypress Hills' children and families. In order to fulfill our mission, we develop affordable housing and provide programs including ESOL and high school equivalency classes, college access and persistence counseling, housing counseling, job readiness training and placement, community organizing, green and sustainability efforts, and after-school programs. Together, our programs strengthen the area's physical and economic infrastructure, provide quality educational and social services, and foster local leaders.
With your gift, you are a part of these efforts.
Need some suggestions?
- $25 can help us recruit, assess, and enroll a young adult for one of our paid internship programs.
- $50 provides curriculum and supplies to help a community resident earn their High School Equivalency diploma.
- 65 pays one college application fee for a student in our College Access Programs.
- $100 provides a stipend for a nutrition educator to provide healthy cooking and eating demonstrations to local residents.
- $500 supports one college student through our Cesiah Toro Mullane scholarship fund.
- $700 provides ten weeks of afterschool programming for a young person in our community.
- $1,000 provides one young person with a 7-week day camp experience.
If you prefer to pay by check, please make payable to Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation and send to:
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation
Attn: Development Office
625 Jamaica Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11208
All contributions to CHLDC are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.